Growing up I was always a summer girl. I live at the beach, grew up on the beach, worked on the boardwalk every summer and loved to lay out in the sun. Dont’ get me wrong, I still love everything about summer but after college, my new favorite season is definitely Fall! Here are the reasons why and not in any particular order….:)
1. My Birthday!! WAHOO. 10/9 I will be 30….yikes. My parents, sister and husband are throwing me a big party, so that is something to look forward to.
2. My wedding anniversary! 10/1/10 we said I do. It was truly one of the best days of my life!
3. Cooler weather= boots, sweaters, dark nails and the windows open…ah…
4. Football! I was a cheerleader in HS and it was my favorite season. Now, my husband is ub-sessed with the Redskins and this year I have my own fantasy football team. There is something so fun about getting together with friends on a Sunday to eat junk and cheer on your team. (Or yell and cry if you are a Redskins fan…)
5. Bath and Body Works Fall Candles are the BEST. Right now I have had Autumn Day burning since earlier this morning and it smells delicious in here. There is something so homey and warm about fall candles.
6. Apple & Pumpkin Picking. My parents started that tradition with my sister and I when we were kids and I have to go every year! I cannot wait until we have our own kids to bring along with us, it is so fun.
7. Mums. Don’t laugh but I just love mums! I buy 4 or 6 each year and decorate the front of my house–they are so pretty and colorful and last through Halloween. You know you love them too. 🙂
8. Baking! In the summer I feel guilty if I am not outside or at the beach on the weekends, so when Fall comes around I get excited to stay in and bake. I have gotten really good at apple pie (will have to try a gluten free version this year), chocolate chip cookies, homemade bread and I want to try and make a good chili this year.
So there you have it my friends, did I get you excited for Fall? What is your favorite season?!