Good morning Friends! Today is my 35th Birthday and I set my alarm for 5:10AM to start my day right. I started my day with something new and something I think I need to continue every morning. I woke up and thanked God for every thing I have in this life. Have you sat down lately and listed what you are grateful for? It is life changing because we so often focus on the negative in our lives, we forget the many blessings we have.
I am grateful for:
- My beautiful family. My two daughters, hubby and pup. I prayed and struggled for many years to have my babies and I am SO SO Thankful. While some days I want to pull my hair out and hide in my bed from exhaustion, I have never been so happy in my life.
- My parents who are both HAPPY and HEALTHY. They may not be married anymore or my mom even living in the state, but they are alive. They always have my back and I know how lucky I am to have them a text or call away.
- My new nephew, baby Anthony! …thanks to my sister and brother in law. A new life is so beautiful and even better when he will call me Auntie one day. I am so grateful my sister was ok during labor- she has a heart condition and has had a stroke so this was a very scary and high risk pregnancy. She is amazing.
- A roof over my head. We are going through some stuff right now in the process of selling our house (more on that when I can share), but for now, I am so very thankful for this beautiful, warm and cozy home.
- My incredible friends who have become family. I am so blessed to have such a strong group of girlfriends. While we don’t get together as much as we would like (cuz life. kids. work.), but I know if I ever needed anything I have so many close to me who are there. We text all times of the night with questions and updates on each other’s kids and lives. They are my village!
- Tacos, bagels, wine and pizza. (are you laughing?) Yes. It is ridiculous but these are some things many people can’t afford or indulge in. Food makes me happy and for that I am grateful. 🙂
- Books, books and more books. My nightly escape. Yes, I fall asleep most nights just a few pages in but reading makes me so happy and relaxed.
- Bubble baths. Oh how I love these. It is hard for me to take quiet ones lately because my girls always find me or bang down the door but when I have 20 minutes to myself, I will be in the tub.
- Everything Fall. Candles, Pumpkins, Sweaters, Apples, Hot Chocolate, Chilly weather- the list goes on and on. Look outside today people. We get to experience this beautiful Earth every single day. Take the time today to see it.
- Having a job where I can work from home and have flexibility with my family life. I am back working for a company I love, have been meeting some amazing people along the way and doing what I believe I am good at.
- Working out when I can, when I want to and right in my own basement. I am making this good habit stick. Proud of myself and how I feel.
- Living less than 10 minutes from the beach. The salt water and my toes in the sand can cure pretty much anything.
My list can go and on but I wanted to share with you some of the HUGE and not so huge aspects of my life that I will focus on today. Remember, you can be grateful for something as small as watching your favorite show before bed and that is ok. My goal for the rest of 2018 and 2019 is to not allow myself to dwell on all things negative. I know our world is a scary place and we have so many obstacles in life but man, we have so many incredible things going on too. What are you grateful for today? Please share it with me!